Friday, July 10, 2009

I steal memes

1.PICK ONE OF YOUR SCARS OUT. NOW HOW DID YOU GET IT?
I don't have any scars.

2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM?
Posters, records, concert programs, newspaper clippings, cards, collages, drawings, paintings, maps, Christmas lights, awards, and a basketball hoop. Believe it or not, I still have space to put up some more stuff.

3. WOULD YOU RATHER PLAY FOOTBALL OR WATCH IT?
No.

4. WHAT SPORT WOULD YOU SAY YOU ARE BEST AT?
hahahaha

5. WHAT WAS YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE?
When I was 15 I dreamed I was in a coma, sort of, or everyone thought I was. Except I could hear everyone around me, and they were all talking about me like I was already dead, and talking about whether to pull the plug, and I wanted to scream out that I was alive but I couldn't. And I had a disease where chunks of brain tissue were dying off periodically, and when that happened I could feel it, and the world got dimmer each time, until finally the last bit died off and I died. That's when I woke up.

6. HOW DO YOU EXERCISE?
Lately I've been lifting dumbbells just to build some strength up, since I have no physical stamina. I'm tired of getting exhausted and ending up sick the next day just from cleaning the house.

7. APPLES OR ORANGES?
Fuji apples

8. HAVE YOU EVER HUGGED SOMEONE?
Why no, my parents kept me locked in an attic until I was 13, after which time I was taken into the care of SCIENCE! Seriously, what kind of question is this?

9. WOLVES OR TIGERS?
Tigers!

10. WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?
Progressive rock. Glam rock. Synthpop. Funk. Motown. New age. Classical. Folky 60s stuff. World music. J-pop. Stupid novelty music.

11. HAVE YOU EVER WRITTEN POETRY?
Hilariously bad poetry, for a boy, when I was like 14. That's about it.

THERE IS NO TWELVE

13. DO YOU REMEMBER BIRTHDAYS?
It depends what time of year they are. I know too many people born around June-or-July 20-somethingth, so I mix all those up. Non-summer birthdays I remember pretty well.

14. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN?
11:10 AM

15. DO YOU HAVE A BIRTHMARK? WHERE?
No, but I do have this tiny bump on my ear called a preauricular tag.

16. WOULD YOU CALL YOURSELF A ROMANTIC PERSON?
*snort* Not even close. If someone brought me a dozen roses I'd be disappointed they didn't spend the money on some DVDs instead. Those last a lot longer.

17. WHAT IS THE WEIRDEST THING YOU HAVE EVER DONE?
Lord, I have no idea. I've done some pretty weird stuff. I slept in a closet for a whole summer when I was twelve, I've staged fake Christmases in the middle of summer, I've styled my hair with Vaseline. (That last one is not a good idea. The others were fun, though.)

18. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU STARTED FILLING THIS IN?
Making my email/Twitter/Facebook/blog rounds

19. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO CANADA?
No. And I've never been to Spain, or Oklahoma.

20. FAVORITE CHOCOLATE?
White chocolate, which isn't really chocolate. Ask me if I care.

21. FAVORITE CANDY (NON CHOCOLATE)?
Fun Dip or rock candy

22. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA ICE CREAM?
Vanilla. It's a blank canvas waiting to be turned into a work of art by various toppings. Also, chocolate ice cream makes me thirsty.

23. DO YOU OWN ANYTHING LEATHER?
I have a leather coat that I never get to wear because I live in Florida. Basically my whole style is cancelled out by Florida. If I ever move somewhere cooler I'll be in sweaters and corduroys all the time.

24.FAVORITE PERFUME?
Either Aquolina Pink Sugar or Chanel Chance. Most other perfume smells evil to me.

25. FAVORITE COLOGNE?
Old Spice

26. DO YOU OWN AN INSTRUMENT?
I own a piano, a keyboard, a clarinet, an acoustic guitar, an electric guitar, a lap harp, a recorder, and finger cymbals.

27. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ON SOMEONE (OPPOSITE SEX)?
I'll let the heteronormativity slide, because I notice the same thing first on everyone: hair. The first few times I meet people I really only remember what their hair looks like. It takes awhile before I really notice faces.

28. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SMELL?
Autumn air, the ocean, whatever my mom sprayed in the living room today, incense, vanilla, lavender, our old Christmas tree

29. FAVORITE SOUND THAT YOU HEAR OFTEN?
Music.

30. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?
The questions I am answering on this survey right here

31. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC?
I get crowd-claustrophobic. I don't like being boxed in by lots of people. But I love small spaces.

32. COULD YOU EVER SEE YOURSELF MOVING FROM WHERE YOU ARE?
Please, for the love of God, yes.

33. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DISNEY MOVIE OF ALL TIME?
Does The Wizard of Oz count? I'll say that. And I guess Lady and the Tramp. Not a big Disney fan, overall.

34. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SONG OF ALL TIME?
I keep changing my mind on this one, so I suppose the official answer is "I don't have one." Possible contenders are "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds", "Beat It", "Who Wants to Live Forever" and "Somewhere Over the Rainbow".

35. WOULD YOU EAT SHIT FOR MONEY?
No. Too much potential for disease. I might drink pee for money, though, if it was a lot of money. Pee is sterile.

36. WHAT COLOR ARE YOUR EYES?
Blue, occasionally looking more gray or green

37. HAVE YOU EVER SLEPT WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL?
I keep a few childhood favorites on my bed still, but I don't hold them when I sleep.

38. IF SO WHAT WAS/IS ITS NAME?
I never named my stuffed animals. Barbies, yes, but not stuffed animals.

39. WHO WAS YOUR FIRST CRUSH WHEN YOU WERE LITTLE?
Danny Bonaduce. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it on this blog, but I basically grew up in four decades at once, and didn't really understand that three of those decades were over. And I loved the Partridge Family, and for some reason I had a crush on Danny. I also told my mom I was going to marry Don Adams* from Get Smart. (For the benefit of people who land here randomly and wonder why this is so amusing, I am 23 years old.)

*Who I just found out today was ALSO the voice of Inspector Gadget!! Between that and Get Smart I think I'd still marry the guy now, if he wasn't so dead.

THERE IS NO 40

41. WHAT KIND OF HAIR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Long, and preferably dark. But I'll settle for long.

42. WHO OUT OF YOUR CURRENT FRIENDS (SAME SEX) HAVE YOU KNOWN THE LONGEST?
Keeping this to people I still have fairly regular contact with, Rachel. Known her since I was twelve.

43. NOW THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Lord, I have no idea... umm, Terry? And Buncy followed very soon after.

No 44?

45. SUNRISE OR SUNSET?
One season following another, laden with happiness and tears.

46. WHERE AT?
Where YOU at?

No 47 or 48?

49. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE MOVIES?
I'm not much into movies, but if it's a musical or an 80s movie I'll watch it. I was raised on Elvis movies, so I'm a sucker for cheese and camp. I'm also pretty partial to movies about crazy people.

50. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF GOING FOR YOUR HONEYMOON?
Remember when I said I'm not romantic? I wasn't kidding about that. I can't imagine anyplace I'd choose specifically for a honeymoon that I wouldn't choose for a normal vacation.

51. CAN YOU PLAY AN INSTRUMENT?
I can play clarinet pretty well, and piano well enough to impress people who can't play piano at all. I'm gradually improving at the guitar. I have good relative pitch, so I can play most instruments by ear once I've figured out how you get sound out of them. The technical skill comes much more slowly.

52. DO YOU SPEAK A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE?
I know enough sign language to have extremely simple, grammatically poor conversations in it. I can also read enough German to decipher most things, at least until I hit a word that is 26 letters long and is pronounced mostly with spit. Which doesn't take long, with German.

53. WHAT WAS THE FIRST GIFT SOMEONE EVER GAVE YOU (OF THE OPPOSITE SEX)?
I dunno, probably a rattle or a teddy bear?

54. WHO IS YOUR ALL TIME FAVORITE SINGER?
Freddie Mercury and Michael Jackson

55. ALL TIME FAVORITE BAND?
Queen and the Beatles. I can never seem to pick just one of anything

56. WHAT KIND OF BOOKS DO YOU LIKE TO READ?
Mostly non-fiction, though I dabble in fantasy and sci-fi, and I like manga.

57. DO YOU LIKE POETRY?
Once in awhile I'll hear poetry I like, but I don't seek it out.

58. HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR COFFEE?
Loaded with enough sugar, flavoring, milk and other crap to make it taste absolutely nothing like coffee.

59. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PHRASE TO USE?
I love overusing Simpsons quotes. Lately I've been saying "boo-urns" a lot, and I've always gotten a lot of mileage out of "I have to go now, my planet needs me". I'm also fond of using "lousy traumatic childhood" after describing extremely minor childhood disappointments. "So I went to the library looking for 'Where's Waldo' books, and all they had was 'Where's Dan Quayle'! Lousy traumatic childhood."

60. DRAGONS OR DINOSAURS?
Dinosaurs!

61. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING?
That would be pretty poor timing, but I assume it wouldn't be a conscious decision to fall in love or not, sooo

62. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TELL SOMEONE HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU?
Be genuinely excited when you see them. When they talk, be fascinated. When they need you, stop what you're doing to be with them. When you hear something they'd be interested in, be excited to tell them about it. I always know my friends have been thinking about me when I say hello and they respond with "Oh man, I was gonna tell you something, what was it??" That's worth more than it seems like on the surface. They were thinking of me and trying to save up a thought just for me.

63. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED.
"A number from one to a hundred".

64. BLONDES, REDHEADS OR BRUNETTES?
Brunettes.

65. WOULD YOU PREFER TO GO ICE SKATING OR ROLLER SKATING?
Ice skating, because I've never been. Although I'm probably equally terrible at both.

66. WHAT IS THE ONE NUMBER YOU CALL OFTEN?
Phones are not my friend. I do call the bank a lot, I guess.

67. WHAT ANNOYS YOU MOST?
Passive-aggressiveness. If you have a problem with me that you can't just overlook, please tell me.

68. HAVE YOU EVER DONE A PRANK CALL?
Maybe like once, as a kid? I don't really remember.

69. ANY LAST THOUGHTS?
The nourishment is palatable.

No comments: