Friday, September 10, 2010

Alas, a meme

My last post was all bitter and angry, so I decided to balance that out with a nice friendly meme, which came from Olivia.

Books I've read recently or am reading now:
I've been too busy to read much since I got to Boston, but over the summer I read My Gender Workbook, Wishcraft, some of The Impossible Will Take A Little While, and I kept trying to start Lord of the Rings but I think I just need to give up and accept that Tolkein's writing style is not for me.

8 Songs or Albums I listen to all the time:
"Call and Answer" by Barenaked Ladies
"I Palindrome I" by They Might Be Giants
"Ohio" by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young
"Giant" by Melissa Etheridge
"The Great Beyond" by R.E.M.
"One Man's Dream" by Yanni
"Trinity" by Paper Tongues
"Hallelujah" by Rufus Wainwright


8 Things I love:
My friends
Chinese food
Hula hooping
The Venture Bros.
Nerds (the people, but I also enjoy the candy)
Rainbows
Fall
Boston

8 Things I've learned this year:
It's stupid to try to get through life without other people.
If your gut is telling you to be somewhere, go there, even if you can't come up with a good explanation for why you're doing it.
Having a vagina does not obligate me to do anything.
If you are friends with both members of a couple and they break up, stay the hell out of that shit.
I don't need to fret over "not having a family" or the fact that my kids won't have grandparents and aunts and uncles and stuff, because I have lots of awesome people in my life and that is what matters.
If a person makes you uncomfortable and you can't place why, it may be your gut trying to tell you something.
Anger is a perfectly rational response to bullshit.
Love is a good thing, even if it's not in the form you'd prefer.

8 new recipes I want to try and make by the end of the year:
Mehhh I don't cook much really. My roommate makes some kickass lentil soup, I should learn to make that.

8 Favorite online hangouts:
Facebook
Twitter
Tumblr
X-E
LJ
Wherever the party's at, man


8 Projects I need to work on:
Getting a jeeerb
Attempting to salvage my Dell by installing Ubuntu on it
Figuring out how to make my stupid Gateway actually burn the Ubuntu CD
Somehow purchasing an entire winter wardrobe
Relearning sign language
Writing a post on "giftedness"
Compiling a list of books I wanna read
Learning some new hoop tricks

*I am pretty sure there was another thing I'm supposed to do and I can't remember what it was and now that is making me nervous

8 people I think should do this tag:
The ghost of Elvis
The one-armed man
RuPaul
Slim Goodbody
Sir Ian McKellen
Hermione Granger
My dog
LeVar Burton

but none of them read my blog, so I'll have to settle for you people. If you feel like it :p

3 comments:

Cap'n Franko said...

Ok, I did it here.

J. C. B. said...

"Having a vagina does not obligate me to do anything."

YES! Love it.

Whimsy said...

I also did the meme.
^-^ Thanks for sharing!