Friday, May 1, 2009

Music meme

Step 1: Put your music player on shuffle.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.
Step 3: Strike through the songs when someone guesses both artist and song correctly.
Multiple answers are allowed and encouraged!
Step 4: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING.
Step 5: If you like the game, post your own.

I didn't do exactly every song that came up because some were way obscure, and I also didn't repeat artists because it would have been like 50% Queen and 25% Depeche Mode if I had. And I did 50 because I'm REALLY BORED today.

1. Take me out tonight, where there's music and there's people and they're young and alive

2. Oh you sad one, playing the angel

3. Fear me you lords and lady preachers

4. I wanted to be with you alone and talk about the weather

5. So ya thought ya might like to go to the show

6. Makin' a living the old hard way

7. Wind me up, put me down, start me up and watch me go

8. When you were here before, couldn't look you in the eye

9. It's a god-awful small affair

10. Got a call from an old friend, we used to be real close

11. Dig if you will the picture of you and I engaged in a kiss

12. I've been cheated by you since I don't know when

13. I give her all my love, that's all I do

14. I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go

15. I've got the brains, you've got the looks

16. Welcome we love you, we hate you, we love you

17. Tough, you think you've got the stuff

18. Sunshine came softly through my window today

19. I could while away the hours, conferrin' with the flowers

20. Come on baby dry your eyes, wipe your tears

21. Gotta get some food, I'm so hungry all the time

22. I let the beast in too soon, I don't know how to live without my hand on his throat

23. Good sense, innocence, cripple mankind

24. I feel like I'm pounding on a big door

25. There's a steam beat and it's coming after you

26. I'm becoming less defined as days go by

27. You and I in a little toy shop buy a bag of balloons with the money we've got

28. I feel so extraordinary, something's got a hold on me

29. In 1814 we took a little trip along with Col. Jackson down the mighty Mississip'

30. Drop your silver in my tamborine

31. Play me Old King Cole, that I may join with you

32. Who made up all the rules?

33. Color me your color baby

34. United States, Canada, Mexico, Panama, Haiti, Jamaica, Peru

35. "Who died?" "Our Akita" "Evita!"

36. And the road becomes my bride

37. Who's speakin' out from under a stairway, callin' a name that's lighter than air?

38. Just tell me what you've got to say to me

39. I should have known you'd bid me farewell

40. The wall on which the prophets wrote is cracking at the seams

41. There's things that you guess and things that you know

42. Put your head on my shoulder, sink me in a river of tears

43. Drumsticks, cake mix, watermelon, taco shells

44. The color of sky as far as I can see is called gray

45. I backed my car into a cop car the other day

46. It doesn't hurt me, do you wanna feel how it feels?

47. Some bright morning when this life is over I'll fly away

48. I've waited hours for this, I've made myself so sick

49. Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes

50. Slow down, you move too fast, you got to make the morning last



You know, there's a few songs I didn't know the lyrics to before this, and some of them are incredibly weird. Yeah.

3 comments:

Spiffy said...

7 - The Ceasars - Jerk it Out
8 - Radiohead - Creep
11 - Prince - When Doves Cry
12 - ABBA - Mama Mia
15 - Pet Shop Boys - LET'S MAKE LOTS OF MONEY ((I forget the actual title D:))
16 - Garbage - Shut Your Mouth
19 - Wizard of Oz - If I Only Had a Brain?
27 - Nena - 99 Red Balloons
33 - Blondie - Call Me
34 - YAKKO SINGING ABOUT ALL THE COUNTRIES
35 - RENT - La Vie Boheme
45 - Modest Mouse - Float On
48 - The Cure - Close to Me
50 IS AWESOME END. XD I DUNNO WHO THE HELL ORIGINALLY SINGS IT THOUGH.

Elisha said...

WTG SPIFFY

Cap'n Franko said...

6. Draggin' the Line – Tommy James and the Shondells
13. And I Love Her – Beatles
18. Sunshine Superman – Donovan
23. Incense and Peppermint – Strawberry Alarm Clock
29. Battle of New Orleans – Johnny Horton
30. Green Tambourine – Lemon Pipers
37. Windy – The Association
39. Red Rubber Ball – The Cyrkle
50. Feelin' Groovy – Simon and Garfunkle

Can you guess my age from the ones I know? Very amusing.